July 5, 2007

The Iraq Question by Doug Melvin, Homeland Security

Doug Melvin first volunteered to serve as the first Country Director for Department of Homeland Security in Iraq in March 2004. As Security Director for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Doug’s experiences in Iraq were some of the most complex, hazardous, and gratifying work that he’d done on international migration and counter-insurgency work.

In this blog, Doug talks about his credentials and background, which led to obtaining this important position.

I was selected for this position from over 5,000 volunteers and candidates form within the 22 agencies in the Department of Homeland Security.

I believe that I was selected as a result of my Special Forces background, highly successful prior experience working in conflict zones and under combat conditions, and for my expertise in DHS functions, including customs, immigration, and border security. Additionally, I had over 20 years of international experience world wide and significant security experience in the Middle East.

No comments: